New updates to the Sitecore experience
Sitecore Experience Platform 10.0 has finally arrived, and we have the low-down on what’s new. With a focus on improving the user experience of both marketing and IT teams, the updates to the Sitecore Experience Platform will allow organizations to design, build and run more personalized experiences for their customers. From experience optimization to new marketing automation features and developer improvements, Sitecore 10.0 offers a little bit of everything for everyone.
Here is a list of the new features included in Sitecore Experience Platform 10.0.
- Personalization: Marketers can now run simple personalization on lightweight CMS-only installations. This functionality contains session-based and device rules that do not depend on tracker or marketing definitions available in the XM package.
- Experience optimization: There are now performance and stability improvements in content testing and experience optimization. Numerous performance optimizations have been put in the active personalization list, including infinite scrolling, caching, lazy loading, and back-end optimizations.
- Experience Editor: Pasting MS Word content to rich text field is no longer a headache for content marketers. The inline rich text editor now cleans markup of MS Word content. This allows content authors to write their content in Word and have clean markup in Sitecore.
- Horizon: Customers can now use Horizon in a multi-site and multi-lingual environment, and SXA sites are also supported. The page tree will allow organizing site structure by moving pages with drag and drop.
- EXM: New HTML templates have been added and are fully customizable.
- Marketing automation: Sitecore now offers the ability to enhance relations with automated birthday campaigns, with improved usability and security.
- Experience Analytics: Marketers can now analyze how their audiences are performing, and filter all reports in Experience Analytics via marketing segments.
- Connectors: Sitecore users can now synchronize a single contact and respond to both nurture events and live events on the site. There are also additional field types in the CMP Connector for better content modelling.
The updates don’t just pertain to providing a better experience for marketers. Several improvements rolled out in Sitecore 10.0 for developers:
- Public support for containers, including docker container images for Sitecore XP and XM, a public Sitecore image repository for customers, docker compose support for developers, Kubernetes support for production and module support (SXA initially, more in each subsequent release).
- A new developer experience on ASP.NET Core which, similar to JSS, provides an SDK for headless rendering with ASP.NET Core.
- A new headless serialization that combines the best of TDS and Unicorn and includes new CLI that enables login, publishing and serialization from the command line, as well as a new Visual Studio plugin to configure serialization.
Learn more about how we can create an engaging experience for your organization on Sitecore.
About the author
Madhu Anbalagan is a Senior Software Engineer at Concentrix Catalyst. She is a 2020 Sitecore Most Valuable Professional (MVP) in the Technology category and She has been working with Sitecore for more than 10 years. She has presented on Sitecore-related topics to professional groups throughout the world, including groups in India, Bulgaria and Ecuador.Tags: Sitecore