Heather Harris, Practice Director of Intelligence and Analytics at Concentrix Catalyst, Alteryx ACE and author of Citizen Gain: Citizen Data Scientists as the Catalyst for the Modern Analytics Strategy, along with members of her data science team, takes you through a geospatial journey in this workshop on spatial analytics. Through tutorials on enriching your analysis in Alteryx by using a spatial component, you’ll learn the basics of working with spatial objects.
Curriculum will include:
- Viewing Spatial Objects: Input and view spatial objects in Designer.
- Understanding Spatial Objects: Understand the structure and geometric attributes of spatial objects
- Creating Spatial Objects: Create spatial objects to use for spatial analytics.
- Constructing Trade Areas: Construct a trade area to better analyze the area surrounding a point of interest.
- Splitting Spatial Objects: Break a polyline or polygon spatial object into its smaller components.
- Calculating Distance: Compute the linear distance between two spatial objects.
- Relating Spatial Objects: Apply spatial processes to understand the relationships between spatial objects.
- Identifying Nearest Objects: Identify the nearest spatial object to another while enforcing selection criteria.
- Spatially Joining Data: Match data based on spatial relationships.
To enrich your analysis in Alteryx, watch the full recording of the workshop below and to follow along, download the data packages here.
Learn more about how Concentrix Catalyst can enhance both intelligence and analytics in business.